This morning however I had a short repose from the slog, or attempt there of. It was range practise and an excellent day to feel Canadian, which doesn't happen much during a Vancouver winter. Today was frosty here in Vancouver unlike the 10C out in Paris. So cold in fact it snowed, not at the house but up a ways in North Surrey, nearly 15cm. Pretty and white and very, very cold (at least by Vancouver's standards). On this end of the city the whiteness is lacking but the skies are clear and blue, the clouds for us lie to the north, billowing out over the rest of Surrey. The air's got a snap to it though and I wouldn't be surprised if we could expect a dump of snow before the end of the next couple days too.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
In the beginning
This morning however I had a short repose from the slog, or attempt there of. It was range practise and an excellent day to feel Canadian, which doesn't happen much during a Vancouver winter. Today was frosty here in Vancouver unlike the 10C out in Paris. So cold in fact it snowed, not at the house but up a ways in North Surrey, nearly 15cm. Pretty and white and very, very cold (at least by Vancouver's standards). On this end of the city the whiteness is lacking but the skies are clear and blue, the clouds for us lie to the north, billowing out over the rest of Surrey. The air's got a snap to it though and I wouldn't be surprised if we could expect a dump of snow before the end of the next couple days too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Let me be the first to post a comment to your new blog. I know it is a "letters to Paris" blog... as opposed to a "letters to Canada" blog, but hey, I'm sure you don't mind if I play...!!!
It is amazing how DIFFERENT the weather can be in the same city. The snow you had at Green Timbers did not happen in South Surrey. When I took Basty for his morning walk, the temperature was hovering around 0C. We did get some "hail" like snow (little tiny frozen pellets), but just enough of a dusting to make it sound like you were walking on shipping bubbles.
It is 8:30, Basty is snoring in never land, and I think I am going to go upstairs and veg in front of the TV.
~ Keith
;-)
Yay, you better keep updating this thing. Good luck on your provincials, I'm sure you will do well. I <3 the picture of buddy.
The weather here is warm and sunny, hah.
Post a Comment